Tel: 030 – 27 59 59 79 - 0
Fax: 030 – 27 59 59 79 - 9
Jobangebote der Bundesgeschäftsstelle
Save the Children Germany is looking for an EU (EuropeAid/ECHO) funding and compliance officer. This position will cover all EuropeAid / ECHO related funding opportunities and current programming for Save the Children Germany with Save the Children International and the EU account management group of Save the Children members in Europe. This position is part of an Account Management Team within the Save the Children Programmes & Advocacy department.
About the position:
The funding and compliance officer will work closely with all regional and country teams on thematic subjects like child protection, health and education and integrate programming required for EuropeAid/ECHO calls. Besides this, he/she will work closely with the Brussels EU liaison office towards pro-active donor engagement.
Who are we looking for:
You are a professional with solid aspirations in the field of rehabilitation and structural programming, including an interest in resilience (DRR) analysis, programme design and programme implementation. You demonstrate a sound understanding on how to secure EuropeAid/ECHO funding. You are interested in ensuring high quality programme design based on thorough analysis. You perform well under pressure and deadlines and you are eager to build a high quality programme portfolio.
EU (EuropeAid/ECHO) Funding and Compliance Expert
Save the Children Germany, Berlin, Germany
Institutional Partnerships / Programmes & Advocacy
Head of Institutional Partnerships/Head of Programmes & Advocacy
- Central role in the development of SCG’s EU fundraising strategy.
- Responsible for the identification of project ideas for the submission of project proposals to EuropeAid/ECHO within SCG’s thematic and geographical priorities.
- Maintain and further develop Save the Children Germany’s capacity for EU contract management and compliance.
- Support Save the Children country and regional offices throughout the programme cycle according to the relevant donor requirements.
- Maintain and further develop Save the Children Germany’s role and influence in the Save the Children Account Management system for EuropeAid/ECHO.
- Liaise and cooperate with other Save the Children account members for donor engagement, the submission of proposals, and capacity building.
- Ensure that compliance requirements of contracts are being met by Save the Children Germany and liaise with Save the Children International on all relevant and related matters.
- Engage actively with EuropeAid / ECHO, in line with SC Germany’s priorities and in close cooperation with the Partnership Management Unit in Brussels.
- Coordinate donor engagement on programming and funding with SG’s Advocacy Team and deliver feedback and input to SCG’s EU advocacy.
- Support the Save the Children Programmes & Advocacy team on international programming tasks.
Qualifications & experience:
- Degree in development cooperation or a related field, preferably at University level
- Documented working experience with EuropeAid and/or ECHO (funding instruments and decisions, proposal writing, and compliance).
- Experience with EuropeAid/ECHO donor engagement and proposal writing.
- Proven experience with contract management, including narrative and financial reporting to donors in particular EuropeAid/ECHO.
- Proven experience with fundraising, donor engagement and contract negotiations.
- Strong knowledge of EuropeAid/ECHO regulations and procedures.
- Experience with Development Cooperation/Humanitarian Aid.
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent command of the English and German language both written and oral.
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Budget and financial competence:
- Experience with developing project proposals budgets and financial reporting.
- Competent in developing internal budgets and allocating resources according to the budget
- Please email your letter of motivation and your CV to Ms. Melanie Meyhak, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications is 6 March 2015.